Isla was built by Bute Slip Dock Company in 1959 she was first owned by Mr and Mrs Peter Simpson, who had previously owned Bernera, and originally painted white. By that time Canna and Iona were no longer white, because the Rules did not permit two boats to be the same colour at the same time. Here is the report of her launching.
Isla eventually spent about fifteen years shore at Kilcreggan before being bought by Martyn Webster, who had her restored and sold her to Peter and Heather Wylie in 1996. She is now based at Gourock.